Sunday, November 20, 2011

How to be Miserable

So obviously the whole one post a month thing didn't really work out for me, I guess I don't really have much to say. In school, I've been working on my TPSP research and presentation, I have to turn it in the Thursday after Thanksgiving. In band I've been working hard on our new songs for our winter concert, the level has really upped from last year's songs as I upped to honors band. In Tech apps, I wrote a song about 'being the change' which is the big thing this year at Ford. I was considering posting the lyrics if anyone is interested(?) Last night I went babysitting for a new family in our ward. It went really well, and once the kids were asleep in their beds, I got to read How to be Miserable: a self-hinder book by John Bytheway. It's a great book, I really enjoyed it, it helps you to recognize habits you may or may not have (and whether you should or shouldn't have them.) I also got some great quotes from it.
We have the full week of Thanksgiving off, and I look forward to spending it wisely. I really love Thanksgiving, it's one of my favorite holidays of the year at my favorite time of the year. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

katharine said...

What is TPSP??

you wrote a song for a class? cool! that would be a fun post.

i have heard about that book, but never read it. i did go to a fireside by john bytheway when i was a freshman at byu. i do remember he was pretty funny. the one i went to was about being mindful about what movies you watch, even if they are "only" pg-13 or pg, that doesn't necessarily mean they are worth watching...

Naomi said...

TPSP is Texas Performance Standards Project, it's a really big assignment for all 8th grade GT kids.

And I love John Bytheway's firesides and stuff, I've watched some at church for YW and on Youtube.